In addition to selecting healthy foods to eat, one must also adapt a mindset that is healthy in order to progress towards a new lifestyle. Here are some tips to guide a healthy mind:
1. Have a healthy attitude towards food. Many people have an unhealthy relationship with food in which emotional attachment is observed.
If you have an emotional attachment to food, consider:
2. Determine how many calories YOUR body needs. Every single person is different and has different daily functions. Caloric intake will depend on metabolism and amount of physical activity. The more muscle you have, the more calories your body needs each day.
3. Do not skip breakfast. Not eating breakfast is seen as a way to drop a pound or just not eaten because a person is not hungry first thing in the morning. There are many benefits of eating breakfast and some consequences if you don’t.
4. Eat slowly. It takes some time for your stomach to tell your brain that it is full. That’s why sometimes when you eat you feel fine right after, but feel as if you have a food baby fifteen minutes later. You can avoid this by eating your food slower. That way, by the time that your brain receives the message from your stomach that you are full, you won’t feel sick later.
5. Eat 5 times per day. This can be 3 solid meals per day with 2 snacks in-between. This allows for steady blood sugar levels throughout the day as well as giving your body a more manageable amount of food to digest each time.
Join us on September 29th, 2014 in Bismarck for the annual Women’s Health Conference. It is a great day to take time for yourself and to learn about wellness, nutrition, and fitness in a comfortable atmosphere surrounded by women who are there for the same reason. Register here for a self-investment.