Making healthy decisions can seem challenging. By following a few guidelines you lay the foundations toward a healthier future.
1. Drink plenty of water. Staying hydrated with water is easy and a great way to improve your health, shed pounds, and digest food. Aim to drink between 8 – 12 cups a day.
2. Avoid soda, juices, energy drinks, and any other drink with artificial sweeteners. These sugary drinks will add unneeded extra calories to your diet. Your favorite Frappuccino may even carry enough calories for half of your recommended daily intake percentage.
3. Participate in Meatless Mondays. Meatless Monday is an international campaign that encourages people to give up meat one day per week (typically Monday). Most people already have enough protein in their diet. By cutting back one day you can have a more balanced diet.
4. Stay away from the fast food! We all have heard this before and know about all of the bad health issues that fast food creates, yet we can’t resist how easy and convenient the drive thru is. Many of these products come fried, processed, and extremely salty. With the addition of soda and the trans fats these items contain, one meal contains well over half of the suggested caloric intake for one day.
5. Drink alcohol in extreme moderation. One glass of wine of beer on occasion is suggested but any more than 1 in a day can lead to negative side effects. One glass of wine of beer a day can add benefits such as improved memory function, reduced bacterial infection, and boosted estrogen levels.
Join us on September 29th, 2014 in Bismarck for the annual Women’s Health Conference. It is a great day to take time for yourself and to learn about wellness, nutrition, and fitness in a comfortable atmosphere surrounded by women who are there for the same reason. Registration can be found here.